Tuesday, June 14, 2011

For Syd

This is a small painting I did for a friend who was very sick in the hospital. She had sepsis and severe bronchial distress. Her friends and family were afraid she wouldn't come home. She was that ill. I didn't start out with a plan to paint a painting for her, it was one of those things that just happens when I go in the studio and just start creating. The painting became like a prayer to me that I worked on several nights in a row. Thank heaven, God and all the angels that helped her heal, she is now home with her husband and kitties and doing quite well!
The painting is a mixed media collage on canvas. 9"x12" acrylic, torn paper, found objects and a cute little poem I found that just had to be included.

         Small Moth
She's slicing ripe white peaches
into the Tony the Tiger bowl
& dropping slivers for the dog
poised vibrating by her foot to stop their fall
When she spots it camouflaged,
a glimmer & then full on-
happiness, plashing blunt soft wings
inside her as if it wants
to escape again.
By Sarah Lindsay

Syd, I am so happy you are feeling better and happily gardening again!
Watch your mail box, my prayers were answered!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so wonderful. The art is beautiful but mostly I just love how you've allowed your artist side to be orchestrated by the spirit of love. I have had opportunities like this and it is so fulfilling.
    What a wonderful friend you are to Syd, glad she's doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful...your painting and the poem! thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Syd. I received the above Debbie Dawn Numoto creation in the mail out of the blue as I was at home still recovering. I was, and I remain stunned. It was a few weeks before I was able to put together words on paper that would express to Deb my amazement of her insight and work.
    She would receive my overdue note as she was just beginning her final chapter in what I like to refer to as "Life is not a Dress Rehearsal".
    I am convinced that Deb has the gift. Something deep inside was guiding her which only those who have been guided in this manner
    can and will understand.
    Deb is now in a place of unbelievably vibrant color, truely up her alley, and there is NO pain and NO fear! I know this. Last Spring I was also there myself for a very brief period of time.
    Deb, once again, thankyou so very much for your inspiration to me.
    I love you,
    Syd

    ReplyDelete