Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Love where you live

I was invited to participate with a group of artists in a gallery show in Pioneer Square, downtown Seattle.
The theme of the show is Vashon Island Artists.
Although I only live on the island an average of one day a week, I have been active in the arts community, donating to the auction at VAA and having several art shows at cafes there.
I was inspired to paint "Love where you live" by this show. We are blessed to live in beautiful Puget sound and divide our time between West Seattle and Vashon island. We love the island, it's rural community and the people who live there and are fortunate it is only a 15 minute ferry ride away.

Another way of thinking about loving where you live presented itself to me as I was painting it-I added fish, birds and Orca whales and was reminded to love where we live, we must be mindful to take care of what we love. In this case our environment so that we all can thrive here.

I am honored to be involved in a group show with fellow artists from Vashon island.
The show will be at the Kevin D'Amelio Gallery, 619 Western Ave, Seattle Wa.
March first Thursday gallery walk. Until it comes down March 13th.

2 comments:

  1. I love this Debbie! Good to hear you've been creating and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joni, it is so great to be inspired to create again!

    ReplyDelete