Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Complementary Blooms

A few weeks ago I signed up to take part in the Creative Color Challenge with Louise Gale. After we signed up we received the information about the challenge. The colors had to be complementary, and you could
include black and white. The theme was blooms and any part of blooms, leaves etc.  I also used actual complements in my composition. I used a small wooden frame with a mirror in it, and included the words you are beautiful, creative, amazing woman in the composition. It is truly a mixed medium piece with acrylic paint, found and re purposed paper and markers. I had so much fun making this and the best part is we got matched up with swap partners to send our creations to. Mine lives in Australia! YAY it's almost like I got to go! And I am looking forward to see what she has made! I would definitely do this again! It was so much fun. I was feeling a little un-creative, not sure where to start in the new year with my art but really wanting to be one with my muse again, this was just what I needed to be inspired and back to creating art. Now I can't wait to get into my studio almost everyday. Thank You Louise!
Now if I could just figure out how to add those little buttons I could add the Creative Color Challenge one here! Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment