Thursday, March 17, 2011

Looking Forward

I painted this for my son and his wife, they have been married almost 2 years. They fell in love in high school. lost track of each other for several years and reconnected on My Space.
Their love is very strong but they have had a tough go of it, this time of economic challenges has been a struggle for them. So I painted this to remind them to keep looking forward to abundance, happiness, love and wealth.  It is mixed media collage, acrylic painted over all sorts of paper, silver leaf, oil sticks, Pitt pens, luminarte H20's metal, even added the saint of hope necklace, that is removable and they can wear it if they want.
I hope this reminds them to look forward everyday with hope to the future and that they are loved very much.
I have to add, this is not a true to life portrait of them, but rather a simple likeness.
24"X36" on canvas

2 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    What a cool idea to add the necklace piece. And a powerful way to encourage better times for them and their future. I'll keep them in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete