Wednesday, April 6, 2011

This falls under "love"

This falls under "love".
This is A.J. my 1 1/2 year old grandson.  My JOY!
I am very lucky to spend a few Mondays every month with him. Last week we learned how to color with color crayons and put stickers on paper, he really loves art. But he loves being outside even more! He doesn't mind the cold and doesn't tire of exploring all the wonders of nature! A.J. loves going for long walks, exploring the trails at the park, picking up sticks and stones just like the nursery rhyme. He makes Mondays my favorite days! My Grandma Mary made that hat for me when I was little.
This week I spent my creative energy sewing curtains for my daughter, her husband and A.J. for their new home. They were outgrowing the little house they were in and moved into a larger one.  We found some really nice curtains at Ikea, and then I was able to shorten them enough to make a whole other window curtain out of what was left. So I made 10 sets of curtains over the weekend. They look really nice and the kids love them, it makes me feel good to be able to do something creative for them that makes their new home feel welcoming.
I am anxious to get back to painting, but it was fun to have a completely different project.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a productive weekend. I recently had the same luck here when we got new windows. I found left over fabric from the curtains I'd hemmed for other windows we have. It was the perfect amount left over!

    ReplyDelete